Wednesday, October 7, 2009

vintage lady-love.






a while ago, my gram gave me an old organizer that she was storing in her basement.  it was an old brown book-like box with magnetic flaps that overlapped on its front.  i figured i would use it for important papers--tax returns, old pay stubs, and the like.  at home, i opened it up to inspect it and discovered a huge stack of old black and white photographs belonging to her late husband.  i know this is awful, but i didn't have the heart to part with them!  i wanted to share a few with you of my favorite subject: vintage ladies!











from what i can gather, they range from the being taken in 1930s through the 1950s/60s.  i hope you enjoy them as much as i do!


on another note, i'm really excited to share my own black&white photography with you in the upcoming weeks.  yesterday, i spent an hour and a half outside wandering my neighborhood and shooting photos by myself.  i stumbled upon a beautiful community garden, explored back alleys, and found my way under the el tracks.  it was just cold enough to feel my cheeks flush when i was finished.  experiences like that are really therapeutic for me.  being outside taking pictures always seems to lift my spirits.


what do you do to clear your head?
melisa


3 comments:

  1. incredible vintage photos! the first one looks like my own gram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pictures! Especially the first one and the outfit the girl in the 5th one on the right is wearing. Good find!

    ReplyDelete