Saturday, October 17, 2009

SMITTEN WITH SATURDAYYYY.

hiiiii & happy saturday!  i know i've been MIA for a few days here in the blog-world and i apologize--i was doing so well with posting everyday, and then my schoolwork piled up so much that i had to be absent to make a dent in it.  regardless, i'm back just in time for smitten with saturday!  (which holds especially true for me as today is my first day off in over a month!)


here we go...
1. i love this old, rusty typography!  not only that, i've been dying to go thrifting these past few weeks so this sign really hooked me.



2. traditional-style CRAFTY tattoos, like the ones drawn here:

so pretty!


3. this embroidered owl, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!



4. dreamy old homes.  (especially with turrets!)







5. how cute is this little illustration?




6. gorgeous shades of pink.




7. i find this painting to be really captivating...



8. striped shirts à la miss Audrey.




9. fifi lapin's halloween illustrations.  i'm the teacup, for sure.



10. sketchbook inspiration:










whew, hope you enjoyed that!  in between assignments (and sometimes instead of assignments!), i've been doing my best to get my craft on.  i started my second granny square two nights ago, but got hung up at the color change.  also, yesterday, DIY Hards had their second party--this time for Halloween--titled "How to Make a Monster."  for our stuffed monster, bryce and i decided to do something collaborative & completely unique, so we each sketched on our own and then sat down to combine our best ideas & make the pattern pieces to cut out our little creation.  we didn't get very far--we finished the pattern pieces, chose & cut out all of our fabrics, and spent the last hour or so hand stitching everything together.  i CAN'T WAIT to show you our little creation, she's going to be so cute!  a little sneak peek:


eep!  okay, off to spend the afternoon gorging myself on chocolate from last night's party in my death cab tshirt from 9th grade.  have a lovely saturday, all.


<3melisa

4 comments:

  1. Love all this. Especially you and B's monster. I'm excited to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! :) i'm excited to show you, i think you will love her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crafty tattoos and the embroidery owl! I mean, wow!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete