Monday, October 19, 2009

pretty please?

my nineteenth birthday is already less than three weeks away, which gives me an excuse to post a wish list! :)


"PRETTY PLEASE" birthday wish list:
vintage eyeglasses.  i will keep scouring etsy until i work up the courage to purchase a pair.  bryce knows of a guy here in the city who can grind out your lenses from his house and rework vintage glasses into something you can wear, so i plan to take full advantage once i make the leap.



handmade nation on DVD!  i already own the book & i missed the chicago screening of the movie :(.   i'm dying to see it!



an embossing label maker.  i'm not sure what brand yet, but this pink one is pretty!



books like you wouldn't belieeeeve!







a cactus.  or two, or five.



polaroid film.



jars to sort my buttons and craft supplies.



these wesc green headphones:

those are a few of the things i'm wishing for these days.  how about you?
<3melisa

6 comments:

  1. For the jars Melisa, all you need to do is save up jam jars or hit up a thirft/second hand store (or even Walmart). The Goodwill in Flint has tons of Mason jars for CHEAP. I'm sure you can find a place with good treasures.

    I know that you buying it instead of recieving them defeats the purpose, BUT if you got money for your birthday you could buy them yourself. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, we have a few jam jars already in our cupboard but i want moreeee! hehe, but really i need to find a good place to buy housewares around here. i haven't found a goodwill/salarmy that carries as much as the ones in Flint do & if so, it's mostly all picked over.

    and to your point, i probably will be buying all of this stuff for myself! i don't really keep wish lists to show them to others, i just keep them to reference on rainy days when i need a little somethin' new in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok email me your address and I will send you The History of Love because I have it :) It is your bday present from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list! I haven't heard of The History of Love but the cover called to me. That is how I usually browse the bookstores. I hope you find a pair of vintage glasses!! How fun!

    I am wishing for a few more nice warm days, a pair of headphones, a vintage record player, and a nice digital camera! Oh yeah and a pair of toms!

    Happy early birthday!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want a lot of the things you listes as well. my birthday isn't too far away (january 4th) so perhaps i could start planning my own list soon, too. i'm definitely putting sew u on my list, i've been meaning to get it for years now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. About the vintage glasses... just about any optical store can fit new lenses to old frames. Try the independent "mom and pop" optical stores first, but Walmart's optical store also has reasonable prices for replacement lenses.

    There's at least one manufacturer that hasn't let those classic frames go out of production: Shuron. You probably won't find them locally, but various online optical places sell them. Or maybe a local mom'n'pop optician can order them in for you. It's also slightly possible that long-established optical stores still have old stock stashed away somewhere.

    ReplyDelete