Tuesday, October 13, 2009

FINALLY.

hello cuties,
i'm thrilled to say that i fiiiinally finished the first project from the RVA autumn class!  in case you don't remember, i had decided on "into the wild" as my theme--the album is for my boyfriend, a thoreau-obsessed country wannabe.  anyway, here's a photo of the bound mini-album and my pages:

the pages are pretty simple.  the first is a place to brainstorm for our future garden.  my boyfriend is a culinary freak, so i figured it would excite him to daydream about fresh-from-the-garden produce.  the second page is a tribute to flannel<3 and the third is an image of a forest, with the phrase "this could be our view."  the fourth and final page is a quote by alice walker that reads "in nature nothing is perfect and everything is perfect.  trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways and they're still beautiful."  the last page got a little smudged, but overall i'm pleased with how it turned out! 
i wish i could say that now i'm off to play catch-up on the other 5245 projects, but i'm so busy with school, work, &my internship that it might be a few weeks before i can get around to finishing another one.  regardless, i'll keep you posted.


off to the darkroom to print a few photos!  take care lovelies.
melisa


PS: have you seen any good movies lately?  often, lately, i catch myself watching crappy TV shows while i work for lack of knowing what to watch...

5 comments:

  1. Aw, look at you Melisa! What a cute result to your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog inspires me to start one my own. I love the into the wild album, I'm sure Bryce will really enjoy it. :)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)! thank you jenni, and sue--DO IT. blogs rule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your album turned out. So cute! YOu should rent Away We Go. So cute and funny and the music is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. away we go was already in my netflix cue, so i moved it to the top! :)

    ReplyDelete