Sunday, October 25, 2009

my first-ever sewing project!





i've been daydreaming about making my own clothes since i can remember and i finally had an opportunity to learn when i started interning at DIY Hards.  for my first project, i wanted to do something simple to introduce me to the sewing machine so i chose to alter a plain XL white t-shirt into something i would actually wear.  i've been obsessed with peter pan collars so that was the main addition to the shirt, along with fitting it to my size, altering the neckline, & adding black piping along the sleeves and bottom edge.  i threw a few buttons on for good measure!


funny side note: i've been joking with sarah about the first time i wear it--that i'm almost sure to stain it beyond repair.  well, i wore it out to a nacho party a few nights ago and yes, managed to get a few specks of guacamole down my front.  thankfully it doesn't look too serious!


pffff.
melisa

5 comments:

  1. that is SO cute!Great handy work :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second what katherine said. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, thank you both! now, what do to do next...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I'd like to have a closer look at it when I visit this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cute. I wish I could make my own clothes.

    ReplyDelete