Sunday, November 8, 2009

19 Things To Do Before I Turn 20




i'm so sorry for being MIA this weekend but i turned 19 on friday and my boyfriend surprised me by bringing my mom and gram (+ their men) to town to celebrate with me!  we've been busy entertaining in our tiny apartment, eating out, and showing them around.
bryce made me an adorable card and, in a wine-induced coma, told me to "blog about it."  heheh, here it is:

also, we got a chance to make some much-needed additions to our kitchen including hanging the lanterns that we bought when we moved and putting up a gorgeous shelf that my mom's boyfriend made for my birthday.  our home is finally coming together, though slowly, and we couldn't be happier with it. <3


with the weekend coming to a close, i feel wonderfully spoiled.  bryce seen to it that i got most everything on my birthday wishlist including things that i've been lusting after since i was fifteen (polaroid film, anyone?).  i have a zillion new books to read, new headphones that make every song sound a thousand times more beautiful, a new coat that makes me feel like the prettiest girl on the block, mini cheese-cakes baked by my mother, qt pajamas from my gram, etc etc etc.  i feel so blessed to have the family that i do (bryce included).  they make life so much more amazing.
as a last fleeting birthday gesture, i've been working on a list of 19 things to do before i turn 20.  anyone who knows me knows of my love for lists (especially lists of goals/to do lists), so when elsie posted this as a journaling prompt for my red velvet craft class, i thought "PERFECT."


19 Things To Do Before I Turn 20:
1. visit a new city.  any suggestions?
2. get a more rewarding job.
3. crochet a granny square blanket (this one being my most-favorite source of inspiration).
4. assemble a small, professional portfolio of my work.
5. establish an etsy shop.
6. beautify my blog.
7. get new glasses.
8. redesign my business card and get some printed.
9. send more snail mail. <3
10. knit something from a pattern.
11. sketch more often.
12. utilize my time more efficiently—plan out every day, if necessary.
13. make another small zine.
14. shoot a roll of color film with my pentax k1000.
15. get out more (concerts, plays, gallery openings, etc.)
16. apply for internships at local businesses of interest.
17. be a better designer. (do tutorials, personal projects, read books on design theory and modern design, etc.)
18. attempt to bake something new once a month.
19. continue to transform our apartment into our own personal oasis.


what are some of your goals for the coming year?
melisa

5 comments:

  1. happy belated birthday! so glad to hear you had a wonderful time! and i love the card btw. cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i forgot: i should make a list like that as well. i'm turning 29 on january 4th and since i've been dreading the big 30 for half a decade now it could probably help that fear to have some proper and realistic goals to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Figure out what I want to do with my life...

    Happy birthday missy. I missy you. I hope you liked my ecard. Jessica and I watched it at least 5 times and laughed hysterically at it all 5 times. And we now quote it (especially that one long, drawn out note. I hope you now imagine Jessica and I singing that note in unison. Haha.) I wish I coulda been there. But we have a surprise for you that we will be mailing soon. You'll love it. :) Hope to get there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i showed my mom the card b made and she said it looks just like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, what a great list Melisa. I can help you out with that if you want!

    For a new city, have you ever gone to London, Ontario? I haven't, but it's Bryan's idea that we go there whenever we take another trip to Canada. It would be cool if you, Bryce, me, and Bryan went together.

    And for crocheting a granny square blanket, that's my project too. We should encourage each other to keep working on it. Crocheting granny squares is pretty fun!

    <3

    ReplyDelete