Friday, September 18, 2009

"go be that starving artist you're afraid to be. open up that journal and get poetic finally. volunteer. suck it up and travel. you were not born here to work and pay taxes. you were put here to be part of a vast organism to explore and create. stop putting it off. the world has much more to offer than what's on the fifteen televisions at TGI Friday's. take pictures. scare people. shake up the scene. be the you want to see in the world. you'll thank yourself for it."
Jason Mraz

when i was thirteen, i scurried to write in my xanga about the color of my crush's boxers. i poured myself onto the internet like pancake batter onto a griddle, without any hesitation and without any concern. five years later, i tend to keep my thoughts (boxers or otherwise) to myself. yet here i am, ready again to connect via the world wide web.

about me? eighteen years old. sophomore at columbia college chicago studying graphic design. avid crafter, reader, and tea drinker. homebody. loves: my boyfrand, cupcakes, DIY, riding my bike, writing letters, thrifting, dogs, travel, and txt msgs from mom.

hello, and welcome to my new blog! i'm excited to have a place to share my projects, thoughts, and inspirations (i'll keep most of the personal mush to myself, promise).

let's get to know each other! do you have any favorite quotes? above is one of mine (though i have many!).

xoxo. melisa.

3 comments:

  1. hi! [: nice to meet you!
    kimxo
    (http://www.artequalshappy.typepad.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to meet you too! i love your blog, your journals are so inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was wondering, is that jason mraz quote some of his lyrics?

    ReplyDelete