Thursday, September 24, 2009

b&w.

which do you prefer: color photos or black and white?  i love to look at either, but have never had the opportunity to shoot anything but color (digital, at that)--until now.  i'm really apprehensive!  i so often use color to set the mood of a photograph that i'm unsure of how to go about making black and white pictures.  


i've been feeling pretty pathetic in my foundations of photography class, so i'm putting together this quick post to give myself (and everyone else out there) a little b&w inspiration:










(source: somewhere on ffffound!  sorry, i wish i knew otherwise.)


(source: same as above)




do you have any favorite black and white photos to share?
i hope so!
melisa

6 comments:

  1. black and white is so much fun! be patient, follow the instructions and you'll do fine!
    and i'm sure you'll fall in love with film soon enough!
    kimxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I recognized that matty franklin photo!


    I really enjoy b&w aswell as color. ive never really favored one over the other.

    Im guessing you are shooting film now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, i thought you might apreciate this

    http://jblyth.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. kim: i know i'll love it once i get some practice, it just stinks right now because i'm spending so much money on film and photo paper to print photos that i'm not satisfied with. do you shoot in b&w often?

    nathan: yep, matty franklin! i was going through old favorites on flickr, trying to find some ideas. i have foundations of photo I/darkroom workshop I this semester and everything we shoot is b&w film. AND YES I DO APPRECIATE THAT. thank youuu, that was just what i was looking for when i posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3378/3420682992_f55b8bcfa4.jpg

    One of my favorites. :) I love black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah, love the morning hair.
    my mom loves that picture!

    ReplyDelete